Installing Code Review
This following instructions assume you have Admin rights on the TFS Project
1. Create TFS Code Reviews Group
In your Team Project create a new group named Code Reviewers. These will be the only members allowed to Approve a template. To add the group
- Right-click on the Team Project and select Team Project Settings -> Group Membership...
- Click "New..."
- Set the group name = "Code Reviewers" (This needs to be spelled exactly for the work item to find it.) and add a description then hit ok
- Double-click on the new Code Reviewers group and add some members
2. Upload Template
- The Code Review.xml file will need to be imported into your project using the witimport.exe.
- "VS80COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\witimport.exe /f "Code Review.xml" /t TFSERVER /p TeamProject
3. Update Check-In Policy
4. Set up Policy Management
Check-in policies have to be installed on the client. If your team doesn't get these installs then they will see a Policy Failure message with an option to override the policy. If not properly informed and if installing the new policies aren't easy they will most likely override the policy.
- Develop your own policy update rules or use the one mentioned at the beginning of step 3.
- Either create a tool to regularly view policy overrides or setup e-mail notification on policy overrides. You can setup alerts using either BISUBSCRIBE.EXE which ships with the AT server tools or use this tool for Event Subscribing http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/codegallery.aspx?id=6da8d4eb-f456-4e22-9a73-851c7341cff4
5. Create Queries
6. Set up project alerts