Installing Code Review
This following instructions assume you have Admin rights on the TFS Project
1. Create TFS Code Reviews Group
In your Team Project create a new group named Code Reviewers. These will be the only members allowed to Approve a template. To add the group
- Right-click on the Team Project and select Team Project Settings -> Group Membership...
- Click "New..."
- Set the group name = "Code Reviewers" (This needs to be spelled exactly for the work item to find it.) and add a description then hit ok
- Double-click on the new Code Reviewers group and add some members
2. Upload Template
- The Code Review.xml file will need to be imported into your project using the witimport.exe.
- "VS80COMNTOOLS%\..\IDE\witimport.exe /f "Code Review.xml" /t
TFSERVER /p TeamProject
3. Update Check-In Policy
4. Set up Policy Management
Check-in policies have to be installed on the client. If your team doesn't get these installs then they will see a Policy Failure message with an option to override the policy. If not properly informed and if installing the new policies aren't easy
they will most likely override the policy.
- Develop your own policy update rules or use the one mentioned at the beginning of step 3.
- Either create a tool to regularly view policy overrides or setup e-mail notification on policy overrides. You can setup alerts using either BISUBSCRIBE.EXE which ships with the AT server tools or use this tool for Event Subscribing
5. Create Queries
6. Set up project alerts