How to install

Topics: User Forum
Jul 14, 2006 at 11:25 PM
Where do I place the DLL and XML files? Does this have to be installed on each developer machine?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2006 at 2:35 AM
Yep. Guess I need to get an install doc done.

Like all custom policies the DLL has to be on each client machine and a simple reg key needs to be added. HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Checkin Policies\

In my group we created a Team Project to store binaries and prototypes. Then passed out a batch file for the devs to add to their windows startup that would sync the custom policies binary folder in TFS and make sure the registry entries were set.

As for the XML. You have to add the work item to TFS using witimport.exe found in %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\

witimport.exe /f "Code Review.xml" /t "server" /p "project"

Also the Code Reviewers group needs to be created.
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2006 at 3:48 AM
New Installation instructions are at http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=TFSCodeReviewFlow&title=Installation
Oct 24, 2006 at 2:35 PM
Hi,

When I'm trying to execute witimport /f "Code Review.xml" /t tfs /p project, it gives me the following error message: Workitem Type Import failed to make the requested rule changes.

Any ideas why it happens? (Code Reviewers group is already created for the project)

Thank You!
Feb 26, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Did this ever get resolved? I'm seeing the same thing.
Nov 14, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Same here. It's a shame because I really could use a Code Review Work Item.
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Edited Nov 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM
Trying to get this to work. Server side went without a hitch.  I created the registry key on the client as defined.  Client side fails with an internal error. When I go back to the project -> Team Project Settings -> source control I get the following error message:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Error

Error loading the Code Review Policy policy (The policy assembly 'Code Review Policy, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not registered.).

Installation instructions:
OK  
Any ideas?  Is there a client side install package available?

UPDATE: Figured it out for both VS 2005 and VS 2008.  However, a client install would still be nice.

May 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM
I got the error below to go away by making sure the registry key string name was the same as the dll it referenced

Error loading the Code Review Policy policy (The policy assembly 'Code Review Policy, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not registered.).

example :
Registry Setting for HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\TeamFoundation\SourceControl\Checkin Policies\Code Review Policy

Value Name: Code Review Policy
Value Data: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2005 Power Tools\Check-in Policy Pack\Code Review Policy.dll

Not sure if this helps anyone